Müller Umwelttechnik GmbH & Co. KG
We are an internationally operating German SME managed by the third generation of the founding family, offering a specialist portfolio of products and services in the segments of liquid waste disposal vehicles, suction and jetting vehicles and accessories, pipe stoppers and leak detection systems. The construction of our sewer cleaning equipment makes use of many areas of German engineering expertise. Whether technical procedures, FEM analysis or flow simulation – in the end, the correct equipment to suit your specific individual requirements will be decisive for the success of your investment. The efficiency of modern sewer cleaning vehicles depends to a large extent on the accessories. Ask us and take advice from professionals!
The workforce is made up of 230 hard-working individuals who are fully committed to customer service excellence. Our comprehensive basic and advanced training programmes represent an investment in the successful future of our company.
We’re the waste disposal industry’s development partner for complex liquid waste disposal superstructures. And we’re also a service-focused company with a global presence!
As a strong partner at your side, we are capable of detailed technical solutions which ensure that your demanding waste disposal activities are entrusted to dependable, purpose-specific waste disposal vehicles. You tell us your requirements so that together we can discuss which technical solution best suits your needs. An analysis of your operational criteria and requirements will be the determining factor for the size and power of the required superstructure and chassis as well as the accessories. We will determine the chassis interfaces in line with the required assembly structure.
Technical concept and construction
Following order placement including the specification of your technical requirements and the appropriate choice of superstructure components, plus the specification of a suitable choice of chassis, our design/development department will undertake a fundamental check of all the technical data in order to produce a detailed solution that corresponds to your requirements.
Following acceptance by our technical department, you will receive the order confirmation along with a construction diagram and weight distribution assessment.
MÜLLER is reliable and forward-looking.
We deliver honest technology for honest work.
Our aim is to provide our customers with efficient liquid waste disposal vehicles in excellent quality. Consequently, we never stop optimising our technologies, right down to the smallest detail, reflecting our company-wide quality concept and continuous quality improvement policy.
- be the leading company for all aspects of liquid waste disposal technology
- by being a highly motivated, well-managed company with which our employees can identify and be closely involved;
- by providing outstanding customer service & support;
- by providing bespoke solutions to all of our customers in terms of research, development and technological innovation;
- fulfil all relevant requirements of interested parties to our best ability;
- expand the substance and strength of our company through stability and sustainable growth;
- increase the expertise of our employees through training and further development.
Our company has developed its tradition since 1951 around regular new technical innovations that offer excellent reliability.
- 2019 Construction of the new ServiceCenter at Julius-Müller-Straße 3.
- 2018 MÜLLER presented with the first prize for innovation in the category “Components & Control Technology” by VAK e.V. for its MU-COCKPIT at IFAT in Munich. Relocation of customer service operations to the new MÜLLER ServiceWorld site.
- 2017 Death of the owner Wolfgang Müller senior.
- 2016 MÜLLER presented with the second prize for innovation in the category “Components & Control Technology” by VAK e.V. for its HELICOPTER at IFAT in Munich.
- 2015 Launch of the MU-COCKPIT operating, control and communication unit and presentation of the new MU-PipeControl Eco leak detection kit at RO-KA-TECH in Kassel.
- 2014 A global innovation, the MÜLLER Helicopter boom with 360° turning radius, presented to the specialist audience at IFAT in Munich.
- 2012 Construction of a new, modern paint centre at the main plant in Schwalenberg. Supply of 8 suction pressure vehicles to Nigeria.
- 2011 MÜLLER awarded a major contract to deliver a total of 50 VACUMASTER suction pressure vehicles to Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2010 MÜLLER helped the Red Cross organisation in Ethiopia. Launch of a patented system for the control and monitoring unit MU-Speedcontrol.
- 2009 The Wunderland model railway museum in Hamburg included a true-to-original reproduction of a CANALMASTER in its exhibition. MÜLLER delivered vehicles to the Algerian desert.
- 2008 Delivery of the SIGNMASTER signage vehicle for roadworks to Berliner Wasser Betriebe for sewer operations. MÜLLER sold its first vehicle to Palma de Mallorca.
- 2007 Introduction of regular driver and operator training workshops. Presentation of the MU-Telemaster satellite-based operating data collection system.
- 2006 MÜLLER delivered a total of 24 vehicles to Berliner Wasser Betriebe. Volkwin Müller met the former “Solidarność” Trade Union Leader, Lech Walesa.
- 2005 Launch of the MÜLLER Load-Sensing Hydraulic System. Presentation of the MÜLLER CARE maintenance contract for vehicle superstructures.
- 2004 MÜLLER sold its first vehicles to Spain and Portugal.
- 2003 Launch of a swivel-mounted tandem boom.
- 2001 Wolfgang Müller jun. appointed Chief Technology Officer.
- 2000 Foundation of MÜLLER Polska Sp.z.o.o in Poland.
- 1999 Volkwin Müller appointed Chief Commercial Officer. The company founder, Julius Müller, was posthumously honoured by the municipality of Schieder-Schwalenberg by renaming 'Industriestrasse' as 'Julius-Müller-Strasse'.
- 1998 MÜLLER parted ways with FAUN. The founder’s grandsons, Volkwin Müller and Wolfgang Müller jun., bought back the MÜLLER shares from FAUN.
- 1997 MÜLLER obtained DIN EN ISO 9001 certification.
- 1995 Major contract from the Bundeswehr (federal armed forces) for 38 combined suction and jetting vehicles with water treatment systems.
- 1994 Foundation of LOGIT Estland in Tallinn, Estonia.
- 1992 Death of the company founder, Julius Müller.
- 1992 Foundation of FAUN MÜLLER Umwelttechnik GmbH in Grimma near Leipzig.
- 1990 Construction of a large assembly hall. Delivery of the first waste disposal vehicles to the former East German states.
- 1989 MÜLLER Umwelttechnik merged with FAUN Umwelttechnik.
- 1987 Major contract from Turkey for a total of 80 vehicles.
- 1985 Company name changed to 'MÜLLER Umwelttechnik GmbH & Co. KG'.
- 1982 Introduction of water treatment technology in combined suction and jetting vehicles.
- 1978 Commissioning of a new production building.
- 1976 Major contract from Saudi Arabia for a total of 70 vehicles. MÜLLER celebrated the 25th anniversary of its foundation.
- 1975 Company founder Julius Müller awarded the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- 1973 MÜLLER became market leader for liquid waste disposal vehicles in Germany.
- 1970 Commercial and legal separation of the service company and the production company. Wolfgang appointed CEO of the production company 'Kanal-Müller, Julius Müller GmbH & Co. KG'.
- 1966 The founder’s son, Wolfgang Müller jun. joined the company.
- 1965 Construction of an own production building and office building. Development of new combined suction and jetting vehicles.
- 1960 Development of the first sewer cleaning vehicles.
- 1959 A former shirt factory was purchased on Industriestrasse as a production site.
- 1958 Kanal-Müller pulled an inspection camera through a sewer for the first time ever in collaboration with Kiel-based IBAK.
- 1952 Production of sewer cleaning equipment commenced in the forge owned by Julius’s brother, Willy Müller.
- 1951 Establishment of a waste disposal service company by Julius Müller called “Kanal-Müller, Julius Müller” in Schwalenberg.