EcoChem - Model PAS 2000CE - Compact Real-Time Photoelectric Aerosol Sensor
The PAS 2000 works on the following principles: Using an Excimer lamp the aerosol flow is exposed to UV radiation. The Excimer lamp offers a high intensity, narrowband source of UV radiation. The wavelength of the light is chosen such that only the carbon aerosols are ionized, while gas molecules and non-carbon aerosols remain neutral. The carbon aerosol particles emit electrons, which are subsequently removed when an electric field is applied. The remaining positively charged particles are collected on a filter inside an electrometer, where the charge is measured. The resulting electric current establishes a signal, which is proportional to the concentration of Elemental Carbon and/ or PAH. Also by operating the Excimer lamp in a chopped mode, the PAS 2000 can eliminate the background signal, which is associated with freshly generated aerosols. The chopped mode also enables a dynamic zero to be generated automatically by the instrument.
- Detects ultrafine carbon aerosols in real-time
- Lightweight, compact and ruggedized construction
- Battery powered with onboard data storage
- Applications related to personal exposure in various environments (homes, workplace, automobiles, tunnels etc.)
- Companion product to the DC 2000CE --- the DC 2000CE measures ALL particulate matter, the PAS 2000CE measures PAH (primarily on carbonaeous matter)
Source-specific calibration curves are available or can be generated where the monitor output is compared to an analytically determined EC and PAH concentration. A site-specific calibration curve can provide greater accuracy for the particle size, charge and compound-specific to the source. In addition to the site-specific curves, an approximate universal calibration curve can be used for screening and real-time trending applications.
- Display : 16 characters with 2 lines LED
- Power : 115 volts AC / 60 Hz & 220 volts AC / 50 HzMax. Battery 15 volts Lithium Metal Hydride
- Range : 0 to 4000 ng / m3
- Lower Threshold : ~ 1 ng / m3
- Response time : < 10 seconds (adjustable)
- Digital Output : RS - 232 (for data download and program upload)
- Analog Output : 0 to 10 volts
- Sample gas : Built-in pump with flowrate controlled at 1 L/min
- Operating temp : 40 to 104 ºF (5 to 40ºC)
- Dimensions : Height x Width x Depth = 3in x 7in x 5in ( 68mm x 175mm x 124mm )
- Weight : 3 lb. ( 1.5 kg )
- Data Storage : 8000 data points (each data point consisting of : Time, Value )
- Data Download :User-friendly PC-compatible graphical software used for downloading the collected data. Flat ASCII file output can also be generated for further analysis (e.g. Microsoft Excel format).