Tekran - Model 2030 - Heated Cartridge Sampler
From Ambient Air
The Tekran Model 2030 Heated Cartridge Sampler allows gold coated sampling cartridges to be heated while they are exposed to a variety of gaseous sample matrices (i.e. ambient air, natural gas, or process gases). The performance of gold adsorbent cartridges is greatly enhanced if the cartridges are heated during exposure. This virtually eliminates problems with condensation of passivation of the gold surface.
- Works with industry standard ¼” OD friction fit cartridges.
- Three cartridge sleeves in heated zone allow duplicate and even triplicate simultaneous sample trains to be exposed.
- Heated zone is long enough to allow two gold cartridges to be placed in series within each sleeve.
- Heating of the cartridges is controlled by a precision PID temperature controller with thermocouple temperature sensing.
- Heavily insulated heater assembly allows safe handling while heating is in progress.
- Heater assembly is connected to the control unit by a detachable 10-foot cable.
- Front panel display shows current temperature and allows simple setting of heater setpoint.
- Ambient Air Sampling (US EPA IO-5)
- Natural Gas (ASTM D-6350)
- Process Gas Sampling
A. Single Sample, Series Cartridges
This arrangement requires two cartridges and one sample totalizer (eg: dry gas meter) per sample. Two cartridges in series are usually used for both ambient air and natural gas monitoring applications since the second cartridge provides valuable information about the performance of the system. If the first cartridge is operating properly, virtually 100% of the mercury will appear on this cartridge and the second (backup) trap will see virtually no mercury. High values on the second trap indicate passivation of the first cartridge by some component in the sample matrix.
B. Dual Sample, Series Cartridges
This arrangement requires four cartridges and two dry gas meters per sample. This provides all the advantages of arrangement A above. In addition, it provides duplicate samples which will give an indication of the precision of the method.
C. Single Sample, Single Cartridge
This is the simplest arrangement and requires only one cartridge and one dry gas meter per sample. A dummy cartridge is used in the downstream position so that the heated assembly remains the correct length for insertion into one of the heated sleeves. It sacrifices information regarding possible interferences in the matrix however, it may be used once the performance of the system has been established using dual stage cartridge sampling.
D. Dual Sample, Single Cartridge
This arrangement requires two cartridges and two dry gas meters per sample. It sacrifices information regarding possible interferences in the matrix however, it may be used once the performance of the system has been established. The duplicate results can be used to establish the precision of the method.
- Width: 6 '
- Height: 3¼ '
- Depth: 6 '
- Weight: 2 lb.
- Power: 110 - 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 7.5 A max.
- Control Range: 30 to 160 °C
- Controller Type: Full PID
- Rating: Non-hazardous
- locations only
- Outside Length: 12 '
- Outside Diameter: 2.75 '
- Number of heated sleeves: 3
- Sleeve Inner Diameter: 0.375 '
- Sleeve Length: 11.375 '
- Sensor: Type K thermocouple
- Heater Voltage: 115 VAC Std, 230 V opt.
- Heater Power: 150 VA
- Connection cable: 10 ft.