BTA International GmbH is the leading specialist for the wet mechanical pre-treatment of different kinds of waste and the subsequent anaerobic digestion of the organic fraction according to the BTA® Process for the production of biogas. The efficient removal of impurities is the key for the successful digestion of biowaste, food waste, commercial waste and the organic fraction from municipal solid waste. BTA Hydromechanical Pre-treatment characterizes itself by its substrate flexibility and its high efficiency in the removal of impurities out of the organic suspension. This allows for high operation reliability, minimizes the disposal costs of the rejects, maximizes the biogas yield and ensures the quality of the digestate.
We are the right choice for you! Reliable separation of wastes and conversion of the organic fractions into bioenergy is the key of every modern waste utilisation that conserves resources and is climate-friendly.
Let it be a Mechanical Biological Treatment Plant -MBT Plant - for the treatment of Municipal Solid Waste, methanization plants for biowaste, food waste and commercial waste, co-digestion plants with agricultural substrates or sewage sludge, or refurbishment of existing wet pre-treatment or anaerobic digestion plants, we are your competent partner.
BTA International GmbH offers engineering services based on 30 years of experience, proven and patented wet pre-treatment systems as well as turnkey plants based on the BTA® Process.
Already in 1991 the first industrial anaerobic digestion plant for biowaste based on the BTA® Process was built. Since then 49 plants world-wide have been designed according to the overall BTA® Process or with key components from the wet mechanical pre-treatment with a total capacity of approx. 1,2 million tons per year (see reference list).
More than 110 million Nm³ biogas are annually produced in BTA Plants, which corresponds to the energy equivalent of approx. 70 million Nm³ natural gas.
In every modern society meaningful utilisation of wastes is of major importance:
- since wastes are inevitably associated with prosperity and growth,
- since wastes have to be disposed of in a hazard-free and environmentally friendly manner,
- since wastes bear a valuable resource,
- since wastes always accumulate mixted or impure.
At an early stage, BTA had recognised that the separation of wastes into manageable fractions at highest possible purity and their appropriate treatment are prerequisites for an environmentally compatible handling of wastes. Moreover, proper and efficient treatment of wastes also results in economic success.
We feel committed to the task of successfully merging these economic and ecological interests.
Therefore, BTA International has developed the BTA process to a pre-commercial stage already in the 1980s. This method ensures removal of all impurities at an early stage, and combines this step with operationally safe digestion of the organic fraction. The core of the BTA process consists of the hydromechanical treatment by means of the BTA Waste Pulper and the BTA Grit Removal System.
The BTA Process is characterized by these outstanding benefits:
- removal (over 90 %) of all impurities as
- light materials: plastics, foil, wood, etc. or
- heavy materials: sand, glass, metal, etc.
- maximum yield of biogas: over 90 % enrichment of the degradable organic fraction in an easily manageable suspension
- high operational safety, minimum processing costs
- closed nutrient cycle possible through quality compost
- decreased need for landfill capacity: < 5 % organic material among heavy materials
- cost reduction for the combustion or recycling of plastics or for the synthesis of refuse derived fuels (RDF)
- no sediments imposing wear on plant components during all processing stages
This being the case, BTA International aims at expanding its leading technological position in the field of waste processing and anaerobic digestion of organic wastes, as well as at opening up new markets with our partners.